Stop wasting paper and bring your school into the digital age.
Compatible with the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) for confidential free and reduced cost meals.
If you’re still taking orders with printed menus, your parents (and the environment) will love you if you switch to Hot Lunch Online.
Our system is right if you operate your own kitchen or buy from a variety of restaurants.
You can set any number of locations on your school. Reports break things out by location, so you know exactly how many meals to make at each.
All the features you need
- Unlimited number of schools, grades, campuses
- Supports Breakfast, Lunch, and ala-carte
- Unlimited number of meals per day
- Unlimited number of portion sizes
- Supports custom menus per school
- Cascading pricing
- Generate powerful reports
- View business-critical metrics
- Advanced user management
- Publish updates and news to your clients
- Families need only one login
- Fully white-label compatible, to brand just like your business
- Mass email reminders to your parents
- Desktop, tablet and mobile friendly web interface
Most online ordering systems charge a flat percentage of gross sales. They typically range from 3% to 7% and they typically include your credit card or gateway fees. Credit card fees are usually based on a transaction fee plus a percentage of gross sales. So when the ordering software tacks a percentage on top the school or caterer now has a fixed increase on gross sales of 3%-7%. At Hot Lunch Online we are a little different. Our low price of .07 per meal is separate from your credit card fees or gateway fees. Plus we offer free add ons with a meal purchase. If a student orders a meal and a milk on the same day, we only charge 7 cents. If you are paying 3% you pay 3% of the meal price and 3% of the milk price. The school or caterer may also add a service fee onto the menu cost to cover the fees if they choose.
Full suite of on-demand reports
- Production sheet - Excel spreadsheet with one day per worksheet, containing the totals for every School on that day
- School order list - List of every user and their purchases for a given School and time period
- School sales report - List of total sales for a given School and time period
- School order summary - Total number of meals ordered each day of every menu item type for a given time period
- Account email list - List of email addresses for bulk mailing
- Transaction list - View details of every transaction in the system
- Statement details - Hot Lunch Online statement detail and explanation of how monthly fees are calculated
- Menu item list - Printable list of all menu items in the system
- Free and reduced meal report - Counts of Free/Reduced/FullPay meals by School
- Action log report - Log of some of the important actions that can occur in the system.
- Balance report - Reporting on Account Balance.
- Cart report - Reporting on Shopping Carts.