For CaterersLet us worry about taking orders. You worry about growing your business.
All the features you need
- Unlimited number of schools, grades, campuses
- Supports Breakfast, Lunch, and ala-carte
- Unlimited number of meals per day
- Unlimited number of portion sizes
- Supports custom menus per school
- Cascading pricing
- Generate powerful reports
- View business-critical metrics
- Advanced user management
- Publish updates and news to your clients
- Families need only one login
- Fully white-label compatible, to brand just like your business
- Mass email reminders to your parents
- Desktop, tablet and mobile friendly web interface
- Integrated ordering with SYSCO
Most online ordering systems charge a flat percentage of gross sales. They typically range from 3% to 7%, and they typically include your credit card or gateway fees. Credit card fees are usually based on a transaction fee plus a percentage of gross sales. When the ordering software tacks a percentage on top, the school or caterer now has a fixed increase on gross sales of 3%-7%. At Hot Lunch Online we are a little different. Our low price of .09 per meal is separate from your credit card fees or gateway fees. Plus, we offer free add-ons with a meal purchase. When a student orders a meal and a milk on the same day, we only charge 9 cents. If you are paying 3%, you pay 3% of the meal price and 3% of the milk price. The school or caterer may also add a service fee onto the menu cost to cover the fees if they choose.
Full suite of on-demand reports
- Production sheet – Excel spreadsheet with one day per worksheet, containing the totals for every School on that day
- School order list – List of every user and their purchases for a given School and time period
- School sales report – List of total sales for a given School and time period
- School order summary – Total number of meals ordered each day of every menu item type for a given time period
- Account email list – List of email addresses for bulk mailing
- Transaction list – View details of every transaction in the system
- Statement details – Hot Lunch Online statement detail and explanation of how monthly fees are calculated
- Menu item list – Printable list of all menu items in the system
- Free and reduced meal report – Counts of Free/Reduced/FullPay meals by School
- Action log report – Log of some of the important actions that can occur in the system.
- Balance report – Reporting on Account Balance.
- Cart report – Reporting on Shopping Carts.
- Shopping List – Generate a list of ingredients by vendor.